£22,000 – £24,000 p.a. (dependent on experience)
Permanent, full time
- Full training provided.
- Company pension scheme, 22 days paid leave per year + paid bank holidays.
- Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm (1-hour lunch).
- Paid overtime available.
Aston Elite is looking for fit, healthy and enthusiastic Yard Operative to to join our dynamic, fast-growing client based in Maidenhead, Berkshire. This is a varied role including pressure-testing products, preparing deliveries and driving 3.5 tonne vehicles to make deliveries.
Responsibilities of the Yard Operative:
- Yard duties will include constructing and testing products, stock control and preparing deliveries. Full training will be provided.
- Pressure testing at various plant yards using a high-pressure water pump.
- Driving a 3.5T panel van to sites across the UK.
- Ensure health and safety is enforced and maintained within the building and yard areas.
- Liaise with project management team/ administrator/ manufacture department to ensure smooth running and attend meetings as necessary to understand the business needs.
- Loading/ unloading of vans/ trucks and the necessary routine checks of machinery.
- Responsible for the upkeep & maintenance of the Yard and office areas.
- Ensure Health and safety of workers and visitors.
- Various adhoc other duties as assigned and directed
Requirements required for the Yard Operative:
- Must show longevity and commitment throughout career, ideally with experience within similar environment.
- Fit, healthy and able to lift heavy items.
- Forklift licence is an advantage but not essential, ideally counterbalance.
- Be a good communicator.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Willingness to learn and assist with other duties on an ad hoc basis.
Successful candidates will be contacted within two weeks of application. If you haven’t been contacted within this period, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.